Most business leaders are already aware of the economic power of being social. But do you know that social media has now become one of the most crucial communications tool for any UK-based business wanting to sell its products or services.
Not only are more and more people in the UK using social media channels in their everyday lives, but also more and more UK consumers are using their social media accounts to help them make buying decisions.
Each year consumers generate more than 500 billion impressions about products or services.
A website visitor is 10 times more likely to make a purchase if they read a favorable comment on a social media platform, such as Facebook or Twitter. In sales terms this equates to over £5 billion being spent on goods thanks to social media campaigning.
But that’s not the only benefits:
- Over 25 percent of all internet time is spent on Facebook
- More than 70 percent of consumers would like Facebook only deals
- Facebook posts that use a photograph generate over 100% more engagement than posts that don’t
- More than 50 percent of Twitter users recommend companies who also used the same platform
- Tweets with fewer than 100 characters increased consumer engagement by more than 15 percent.
So now the question is not whether your brand is social, but if your brand is ‘social smart’!
Like to know more? …talktojason ;)